Friday, November 19, 2010

Martin Luther King Jr Marries Coretta

 Coretta and I were married on June 18, 1953 on the lawn of her parents' home in Marion, Alabama. My father, the Reverend King, Sr., performed the wedding ceremony. Mrs. Edythe Bagley, Coretta's sister, was maid of honor. Reverend A.D. King, my brother, was best man. A friend of mine named Mary Powell introduced us in 1952 in Boston over the phone. Coretta was an American author, and a civil rights leader, along with me. She helped the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960’s. After i had had died in 1968 Coretta was the main role in the Civil rights movement. She struggled for racial equality herself, and she then became active in the Women’s Movement. When Coretta and I met, I had just finished m PHd. She was still finishing college. She thought it was a good thing that I wanted to be a preacher like my father. After we were together for a long time we had our first baby Yolanda, then we had Marty. After a few years we had two more Dexter and Bernice. We loved our kids so much. and someday we wanted them to be able to be equal with the white kids.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,26473,27342,27552,27636,27692&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=martin+luther+king+jr+family&cp=25&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=5831956345d34357

No comments:

Post a Comment